Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Can you recommend...?

Bottomline: I love food. I love food a lot.

My roommate says she can always tell when I'm the last one to have been watching TV... because she always finds it on the Food Network. (Clearly, she overlooks my dedication to the main men in my life: Anthony Bourdain and that guy from Man vs. Food.)

I also spend a good chunk of my free time reading about restaurants, bars and trends in dining, cuisine and cocktails. I cook and bake recreationally. But really, I eat and drink professionally. (The beauty of a career in advertising is that it combines so many of the things I love: words, wining and dining.)

There is nothing I enjoy more than an evening (or afternoon or morning, for that matter) filled with great food, delicious drinks and my friends and family. I want that for everyone I know -- which is why it makes me so happy to make a good restaurant or bar recommendation.

I started Mega Bites Chicago at the urging of a couple of friends/colleagues, who were seeking a constant stream of restaurant recommendations. The vision? Basically, I live for food so you don't have to. But you can still know a great place to go for any occasion.

I approach each new restaurant, gastropub, lounge or bar like it's a challenge just waiting to be explored, studied and ultimately, conquered. And anyone who knows me knows I can't turn down a challenge. So I'll be out on the street, eating and drinking wherever I can -- and letting you know which places, dishes and drinks are worth your time. Just in case you don't want to spend every moment of your free time eating and drinking all of Chicago.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats girlfriend! This site looks fab and can't wait to hear all your suggestions!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! from one foodie to the another, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats - can't wait to visit Chicago again and have my cousin be my food guide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, ladies! You guys are the greatest -- I hope the site will be useful!

    Shannon, I can't wait to be your food guide here -- can't wait to return the favor from my time in SF!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy,
    I love this! This site is ALL YOU!! I seriously love the pink drink. Thank goodness it's Friday! Please keep me up to date on your new finds. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sean, thanks so much for following! Next time I join your fam for cocktails on the terrace at 6600, I'll come with ingredients for some tequila sunrise sangria -- to supplement the fireflies of course!

    ReplyDelete