Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Most Wonderful... Cocktails... Of The Year

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving has come and gone, but alas it has. Just under 365 days to wait until that feast-filled holiday comes around again. Sigh.

However, the upside of Thanksgiving's passing is that the holiday season is now upon us! This means that it is once again socially acceptable to drink Baileys on the rocks. (The Queens girls and I eagerly anticipate this time of year... drinking Baileys on the rocks when we're all home for the holidays is a longstanding tradition that makes bartenders look at us quizzically since we're not actually old ladies, but it's one that we continue to honor anyway.)

Fortunately, Baileys doesn't insist on bombarding us with commercials teaching us how to craft this simple concoction -- Disaronno, I'm looking at you. If I see one more "Disaronno on the rocks" cocktail-crafting commercial, I'm going to poke someone's eye out. Take a glass. Add some ice. Pour in a shot (or two or three) of Baileys. There you have it. A Queen of All Saints cocktail favorite. No mixology commercial necessary.

Ahh, but I digress. While I can't deny that simple Baileys on ice is one of my favorite cocktails, it's just one of many fun and festive seasonal libations available this time of year. My dear friends at Food Babies have put together a list of some of their favorite holiday cocktail recipes here. I highly recommend checking them out and trying at least a few. Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment