Tuesday, September 28, 2010

RIP: Joey's Brickhouse

I felt the need to share my recent discovery that Joey's Brickhouse has closed. There's some signage out in front -- including a heartfelt note from Joey himself -- confirming the restaurant's closing.

I am really sad to see this place go. Although it had been hit or miss in the past, I felt like it was on the up-and-up in recent months. Their all-you-can-eat salad, pizza and Rice Krispie treats deal on Tuesday nights was one of my favorites, as I mentioned in this previous post.

On top of the fact that this was an amazing deal, we had great service at Joey's Brickhouse every Tuesday night I visited. (And for a while, this was every Tuesday.) Joey himself was often in the house and he was always very welcoming and accommodating. His servers were friendly and competent -- and on more than one occasion, insisted that we join them in taking multiple rounds of shots on the house.

Sadly, Mega Biters, from now on, you'll have to look elsewhere if you're seeking a great all-you-can-eat option -- or just a tasty dinner in the Lakeview area.

RIP, Joey's Brickhouse. You will be missed.

3 comments: