Sunday, July 4, 2010

Adobo Grill Guacamole Still Reigns Supreme

I love guacamole. I used to make it multiple times a week -- experimenting with different variations on my recipe and loving every minute -- until I was forced to acknowledge that my mass avocado/chip consumption was making me fat as a bastard.

Though I've cut back on quantity since then, I have a hard time imagining a more perfect summer scenario than enjoying some quality chips and guacamole with margaritas (or delicious Mexican beers) and good friends on an outdoor patio.

Enter Adobo Grill. While I've had mixed experiences with their entrees, nothing beats their guacamole.
This was confirmed after a day at the beach with Jenny, when we decided to do an impromptu progressive dinner in Old Town. Naturally, our first stop was Adobo for some margaritas and delicious chips and guacamole.

I am happy to report that it still gets my title for the best guac in the city. Made fresh tableside, you're asked to select your desired level of spiciness: mild, medium or hot. Since Jenny and I love to supplement chips and guacamole with salsa, we went with medium -- which had the perfect level of kick for us. (Note: the medium is still relatively spicy, so definitely stick to the mild if you don't have much of a tolerance for heat.)

Adobo's salsa sampling is featured in the photo above as well. While some of the four flavors (pico de gallo, chipotle, verde and hot) are more interesting than others, it really pales in comparison to what Adobo does best: chips and guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment