Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Gemini Bistro - A New French Fave In LP

I've drafted my foodie bucket list and fully intend to blog about every experience as I'm able to check each glorious place off my list, but want to post about some of my current favorite Chicago restaurants in the meantime.

One of them is definitely Lincoln Park's Gemini Bistro. When Old Town Brasserie closed, I was heartbroken. I absolutely LOVED that place. So I was very excited to hear about a promising new bistro closer to my house.

When my mom asked where I'd like to celebrate my birthday with her on a beautiful day in May, it was an easy choice. And we were not disappointed.


Gemini Bistro has a pretty al fresco dining area, a stylish interior atmosphere, great service and most importantly, delicious (and surprisingly affordable) bistro cuisine.


To start, Kath and I both had their Squirtzky cocktails, which were quite refreshing. We kicked off the dining with their creamless tomato soup (which comes with a tiny, but outstanding grilled cheese) and their version of a Mediterranean salad. Both were absolutely delicious and obviously made with high quality ingredients.


We each ordered the steak frites with the filet mignon option -- and they arrived done to perfection. Mine was perfectly medium and my mom's was actually medium-well, which is impressive because many restaurants don't get medium-well right. Our waiter recommended an awesome bottle of Meritage to go with the meal -- and he was right, it was the perfect wine for the job. (I'm not usually a Meritage girl, but the man knew what he was talking about.)


The service was knowledgeable and attentive, but not overbearing... And they finished the meal off with a complimentary skillet cookie compete with two candles. I love this place and will definitely be back!

To find out more about Gemini Bistro, visit their website here: http://www.geminibistrochicago.com/

6 comments:

  1. Any place that gives you a complimentary skillet cookie gets 1 vote from me! Will have to try it out. Thanks, Nan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Laura, I was drooling at the grilled cheese & tomato soup, but the skillet cookie got me interseted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, it is delicious. they are so nice there! and the food is fab. i'd be down for a return visit anytime, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Nancy - Going to try Gemini Bistro on your rec - my friend, JJ, loves French food so we're heading there tomorrow. Note: Just in Vegas -the restaurant we went to for my sister's b-day brought an ice cream dessert with a candle for the birthday girl - and charged us $12! That complimentary skillet cookie sold me..
    Love your blog! Sue Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. GB was all you said it would be - and the staff is so considerate. We'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great French food experience. They even offer a three course menu for $32. Quite reasonable price. I usually pay $40 elsewhere.
    Cathy
    French Course

    ReplyDelete