Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Berry Moon: Self-Serve Frozen Yogurt

The only thing that I love more than regular frozen yogurt places are self-serve frozen yogurt places. New Berry Moon in Lincoln Park is my new favorite frozen yogurt place in the city.

I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of the kefir/tart yogurt places that have been popping up all over, so I'm really glad to find a place that offers both options -- in a self-serve situation!

Berry Moon offers ten flavors of frozen yogurt (which vary) and tons of options for toppings, ranging from fruit to candy to sauces to Lucky Charms marshmallows and pretty much anything else you can imagine. Some of the toppings are pictured at left and vary as well.

Tonight I tried the cake batter and dutch chocolate frozen yogurt flavors, with a tiny bit of white chocolate frozen yogurt and rainbow sprinkles to top it off. Yes, I am a weirdo. I wanted my yogurt to taste like cake with frosting. And it did!

As usual when allowed to serve myself, I overserved myself. Not surprisingly, I ended up with a very full cup of frozen yogurt and sprinkles. The total came out to almost $5 and it was well worth every penny. My roommates and I all agreed that we'll be back to this place with a vengeance.

Berry Moon is located at 2618 N. Clark Street, between Wrightwood and Drummond Place. Definitely head on over and serve yourself something delicious.

2 comments:

  1. I just ran by this place this morning! From the outside it looks kind of rank, but I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its looks are definitely deceiving, but like many of the best taco stands in this city -- you can't judge this book by its cover!

    ReplyDelete