Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lollapalooza: A Better Taste of Chicago

So my boyfriend* Graham Elliot Bowles was named the Culinary Director of Lollapalooza 2010, which is understandable after the crazy success of his booth at Lolla last year. Everyone wanted a piece of his lobster corn dogs, so the place was packed and sold out daily.

Well, apparently Lolla took notice and put him in charge of helping them get even more amazingly delicious food at the fest this year. Thanks in large part to Graham, many of the biggest names in Chicago dining are coming in hot with treats for all at the music fest that gets bigger and better (and hotter than a blazing inferno) every year.

All right, without further ado, on to the list of new restaurants added to Lolla's 2010 Chow Town:

Big Star
Bleeding Heart
Blue 13
Burrito Beach
Elate at The Hotel Felix
Franks ‘N’ Dawgs
Graham Elliot
Hoosier Mama Pie Company
Kuma’s Corner
The Metropolis Café
more cupcakes
Rockit Bar and Grill
Seedling
Sunda
The Smoke Daddy Rhythm and Bar B Que
The Southern
Trotter’s to Go

I mean, that is like a veritable "Who's Who" of Chicago dining -- and he may not even be done adding venues yet! Dare I say I'm even more excited about the food at Lolla than the music this year?

As such, I'll be armed and ready to go on August 6th, trying as many of these amazing places' offerings as possible -- and spending all the money I saved on my ticket by scoring one of the $60 3-day passes. And it will be worth it.

Move over Adam Richman: For those three days, it's going to be "Nan vs. Food."


*Creep Disclaimer: I only wish Graham Elliot Bowles was my boyfriend. We are not actually dating. Nor does he have any idea who I am. Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the $60 pass. Guess I can actually afford to eat this year. Glad to see my options are good ones.

    ReplyDelete